Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. When is the program?
Monday, July 11, 2022 to Friday, July 29, 2022. It will only run on weekdays.
2. Where is the program?
The program is based at the UCSF Mission Bay campus in San Francisco, CA. For 2020 and 2021, students attended the summmer program virtually (not in person). The Summer 2022 program will also be held online
3. Who can apply for the program?
Rising 9th-12th graders.
4. What is the cost of attending the program?
The program is free.
5. Will housing be provided?
No, we do not provide housing for program participants.
6. Is it open to non-US based students?
Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate students from outside the US this year.
7. Are students expected to have prior knowledge of AI or coding?
No — all you need is a curiosity about these topics and a desire to learn! No prior knowledge or experience in artificial intelligence is needed, but some computer programming / coding, or computer science experience is a plus.
8. Are students expected to bring their own computers?
Computers will be provided at the program. Students will not need to bring their own computers, though they may choose to do so.
9. When will applicants know if they have been admitted to the UCSF AI4ALL program?
Notifications of acceptances will be sent out Monday, May 6, 2022. Accepted students will have one week to confirm their intent to attend, after which we will reach out to students on the waitlist.
10. I have not taken any standardized tests (such as the SAT). Can I still apply?
Yes! We do not require standardized tests to be taken to apply.
11. Where can I read about previous AI4ALL experiences?Check out the AI4ALL Medium blog to read about participants' experiences in AI4ALL programs across North America.
12. How can I apply for the program?
See the Apply page for more information on the application.
13. How can I contact the organizers of the program?
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org